About the NEW East Isles Farmers Market
The East Isles Residents Association is partnering with The Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board to create the first-ever Farmers Market on Park Board property. The Farmers Market is the brainchild of the East Isles Residents Association and was established as a means to further our mission of building community, promoting green spaces, and fostering neighbor relations.
East Isles is a destination in the summer months and the location for the market is a trifecta for residents, visitors and potential vendors.
With the Walker Library and transit stop to the east, Uptown/Lagoon Avenue to the south, The Greenway running parallel, and East Calhoun Parkway/Lake of the Isles just down the block to the west, the East Isles Farmers Market is destined to be a hit.
The East Isles Farmers Market hopes to inspire a healthy community by bringing local, sustainable, and mostly organic or pesticide-free produce to our high-density neighborhood. It will be accessible by bike, foot, or paddle board.
We Love Local
- We contribute to the success of local food growers, bakers, and makers by supporting local entrepreneurs and artisans.
- We strive to include women and minority-owned businesses to further an equitable marketplace. More than half of our vendors are women-owned businesses.
- We vet the quality of sourcing, production and growing practices of our vendors.
- We provide educational opportunities related to food, raingardens, sustainability and zero waste.
- We promote the Minnesota Cottage Food Law by encouraging residents and neighbors to participate in our Pickle Booth.
MARKET DATES AND TIMES
Our 2018 Market is open Thursdays 4pm–8pm
July 19th cancelled due to rain
July 26th Picnic in the Park
August 9th Dog Day of Summer
*There will be no market on August 2nd due to the Uptown Art Fair
Please come and shop!
Attention all Fruit, Produce, Apple Vendors. We Want You! Yes. For this season.
EAST ISLES FARMERS MARKET
1420 The Mall, between Hennepin and Humboldt Avenues in Uptown, MPLS